Members of the Darfur Dream Team, from the Enough Project and i-ACT, visited Djabal and Goz Amer refugee camps from November 22-December 3, 2011. We met with with students, parents, teachers, and UNHCR field staff, focusing on how DDT funds have been implemented in Djabal and will be implemented in Goz Amer. On this trip, we also ugraded and replaced some of the CommKit equipment, installed new charging systems, and focused on further training the refugee students and teachers on how to engage and build community using the CommKit/Pazocalo social network.
Read our blog posts from the Fall 2011 Trip
- 11/21- Off to Chad: Follow the Darfur Dream Team's Trip from D.C. to the Refugee Camps
- 11/23- Video: Darfur Dream Team's Meghan on her way to Darfuri Refugee Camps
- 11/29- Update from the Refugee Camps: Video and Thoughts from Darfur Dream Team's Trip
- 12/2- Teacher in Darfuri Camp: "We hope that the little generation will get a good education by your help"
- 12/5- New Videos from Darfur Refugee Camps
- 12/13- A special message from Umda Tarbosh, Goz Amer teacher, to U.S. schools and supporters
Write a letter to your Sister School
The deadline has now passed, but we received letters from many of our U.S. Sister Schools and we delivered them to the Darfuri refugee camps. If you missed out on this opportunity to connect, look for it again in 2012.
Submit questions to ask your Darfuri peers
The deadline has now passed. Students, teachers, and DDT supporters submitted questions about life in the refugee camps and messages to share with the communities of Djabal and Goz Amer refugee camps.